Your child has taken home a learning pack today which consists of a Maths and an English booklet for their relevant Year Group as well as an exercise book with a project based task. The packs will support what we have already taught this year.
Please do not start these packs (unless your child is self-isolating). These packs have been prepared in the event that schools are nationally closed as a result of Government recommendations.
These packs will not be marked as passing them all back into school increases potential infection, they are designed to support student study at home.
Additional Learning Activities could include:
- Frequent reading (1:1 or as a family)
- Oliver Jeffers (The Author of ‘Lost & Found’) is reading one of his texts, daily at 6pm (on his Instagram Account)
- Baking (links to weighing and measuring)
- Playing board/ card games
- Making play dough
- Playing with/ sorting money, writing a shopping list (you could research prices online)
- Easter crafts – Easter bonnets, decorating eggs etc
- Teach children how to tie shoe laces
- Den Building
- Make crafts (cards, puppets, musical instruments)
- Look through old photographs and talk about them together
- Make a phone call to a loved one
- Write a letter for a neighbour
Hello, I'm Mrs Melling!
I am now proud to be the class teacher in Year 1 - Kookaburra Class. In Kookaburra class we are all welcoming, caring and respectful. Keep an eye on our class page to see what we're getting up to!